OAL Sports Business and Development Summit 2022
Undoubtedly, Sport development in its entire ramification is considered one of the main objectives and goals of the Sports industry and we believe that events are a great forum where we can exchange and share ideas, hold thought provoking conversations which helps drive us closer to developing our industry and creating more unison.
It is quite clear that in view of the prevailing climate and with rapid changes underway in the sport industry worldwide, there is an urgent need to harness the full potential in sports which is currently lying dormant.
This year we are convening a bigger edition of the Sports masterclass held in 2019. The event was well attended and brought stakeholders across the sports industry in Nigeria. We are excited to present to you a bigger and better Sports Business and Development Summit themed “Let’s Develop the Game”.
We all know sports is a billion-dollar industry globally but the opportunities remain untapped in Nigeria. We want to convene this summit once a year to help push the conversations around the sports business further, stimulating the industry and more.
The objective of the summit is to connect international and national stakeholders in the sports industry.
The two-day hybrid summit will host a series of panels and workshops with the aim of educating, enlightening and stimulating discussions towards creating a new direction in sports business and development.
Key Program Topics
- The Role of Sports in Education
- Commercialising Sports in Africa
- Exploring new terrain & opportunities in Sport
- Are Sport Bodies addressing Integrity & Player welfare enough?
- Africa needs its own CAS and other Sport Dispute Resolutions mechanism
- Addressing Gender Bias & Discrimination in Sports.
- Getting Sports Administration Rights
Why You Should Attend?
- Opportunities to hear from leading experts from outside of sport about how they have adapted to overcome some of the challenges that the sector is facing.
- Second, provide an opportunity to network with sports leaders, successful personalities in sports and decision makers from across the sector.
- Third, allow the public to be part of the conversation and lead the way in being part of changing the sport in the country.